20s are the selfish years and it's a decade where you should immerse yourself in everything around you and the world out there. Make sure you are selfish with your time, look after yourself, pay attention to mental health and love the people who are important to you.
1. Pay attention to mental health: While physical health is important, investing time in taking care of your mind should also be very important. Simulate it, challenge and expose your mind to positive things and look after yourself.
2. Chase your dream job:' Don't be complacent in your 20s, instead of challenging yourself. Be creative in your career. Now is your opportunity to mess up a few times, work in a job you hate, gate back up and chase your dream job.
3. Travel a lot and sometimes alone: Find the courage to travel and sometimes maybe even alone. There is nothing more exhilarating and life-changing than meeting new people, learn new cultures and exploring new places.
4. Make time for your best friends: AS you grow up and move on with your life, it may sometimes be difficult to live close to your friends, however, it is more important than ever to make tome for your best friends. They are the ones who will stick by your side through thick and thin.
5. Live on your own: Nothing screams independence than moving out of home and renting your own place. It may seem daunting in the beginning but it's a great way to learn about life early on. You will learn to manage your money and look after yourself.
6. Rid yourself of bad people: Once you have left school, university and move on to real life, being 'popular' or whatever, doesn't matter anymore. Having a million friends that you don't talk is unnecessary. Instead, keep your friends close and stay away from toxic people.
7.' Examine what you want out of life: 20s can get wrapped up in work, sleep, eat, weekend cycle and often we forget what we really want out of life. Sit down and contemplate what it is you want and spend time alone to truly know yourself.